Dan was born in Sandusky sixty-four years ago, and has maintained his professional practice there for the past thirty-eight years. Over his legal career, Dan has handled almost every type of civil matter imaginable. From a wide variety of litigation, to complex business transactions, to simple neighbor disputes, Dan has seen it all. In the foreclosure arena, he has successfully taken on the Country’s largest banks, and established favorable court precedent for consumers along the way. He has negotiated claims with insurance companies to the great satisfaction of his clients. Dan and his team would be happy to put their expertise to work for you!
Dan achieved his Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Notre Dame in 1975, and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Toledo School of Law in 1979. He is admitted in all state and federal courts in Ohio.
Dan served as lead counsel in the following foreclosure cases:
- Federal National Mortgage Association v. Herren (Cuyahoga County, 2017); holding that Fannie Mae had failed to prove that it was entitled to enforce the promissory note and thus had standing to foreclose;
- U.S. Bank National Association v. George (Franklin Co, 2016); holding that U.S. Bank, through Wells Fargo, failed to prove that it was entitled to foreclose;
- HSBC Mortgage Servicing, Inc. v. Edmon (Erie Co, 2012); holding that HSBC failed to prove it was entitled to foreclose.
In addition to his success in the courtroom, Dan has authored the following publications:
- Real Estate Stories (formerly called Foreclosure Stories)-Weekely online article published in the Sandusky Register concerning all facets of real estate issues told through the perspective of actual cases;
- Business and Real Estate News (formerly called Consumer Mortgage News)-Weekly online newsletter concerning current events in the business and real estate world.
Dan is a past member of the Kiwanis and Rotary Clubs in Sandusky, He is a member of Sts. Peter & Paul Catholic Church, serving on its Council. He is a past President of Cancer Services of Erie County, and was on the Board of Directors of the predecessor organization, providing job training and housing for special needs individuals.